passion flower outside my front door

passion flower outside my front door

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

fibromyalgia

Part of the life He gave me deals with fibromyolgia.  I have had fibro since my daughter was in 2nd grade and my son graduated from high school.  That makes 11 years of the fuzzy mind, pain, fatigue and changed lifestyle that fibro brings.  I have had difficulty coming to grips with this condition, for I feel that if I accept it, then I am sort of giving up.  I still hope to wake up someday with energy and vigor, pain-free and clear minded.
God has shown me many things because of the intrusion of fibro into my life. 
* no one is indispensible
* I have a hard time asking for help
* how to prioritize
* not wait till the last minute to finish projects or plans
* how wonderful my family is
* sometime meds are necessary

Well, I will stop there for now, but may add more things later.
My favorite Bible verse is "What has the Lord shown you, O man, but to love kindness, do justice and walk humbly with Thy God".  Micah 6:8

Fibro has certainly humbled me. (see *no one is indispensible) I used to believe that I could do  just about anything and burned the candle at both ends regularly.  Not a healthy lifestyle!  Now that I must plan my days and weeks in advance, and then wait to see how I feel on any given day, I appreciate the days when I can go and do as I please.  Thank you Lord for Your tender mercies and loving care for me and mine each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment